Monday, April 6, 2015

All about me



Hello and welcome to my blog!


I am Madelyn Marie Masengill Myers. I was born on July 18th 1995. I have lived in Mesquite, Texas my whole entire life until I came to college. My first year and a half at college, I went to Ouachita Baptist University. There I majored in Music Education. After a lot of searching and praying, I decided that I music was more of a hobby and I wanted to just focus on teaching. While making this big decision, I had several other big decisions like finding a wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, picking a cake, sending invitations because I was engaged to be married. On August 9th 2014, I was officially married to my best friend, Noah.

We went to San Antonio for our honeymoon and a week and a half later, we were back in school. My first semester as an Education Major was fantastic! I loved the teachers, I loved the assignments and the atmosphere but due to some financial issues, I had to leave OBU and transfer to Henderson State University for the spring semester of 2015. While attending Henderson, I felt God pulling me to do something in another direction. For the past few months I have been feeling a call towards the Medical field. I truly believe that God is wanting me to take my passion for people to the next level. I’ve always loved helping people. Whether it be teaching children a game or helping some one while they’re sick, I have always wanted to help them be successful.  This decision has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through but I truly feel like God has a place for me in the Nursing program. I know the journey will be long and challenging  but I know once I reach the finish line, it will be the best feeling ever to know that I pushed myself to the max.

So that is how my life is going right now. It seems pretty hectic, huh?  But with this hectic life, I occasionally get to have some free time. During my free time I'm usually watching "Grey's Anatomy". I am so in love with this show. I may be a few years late but this is my favorite show ever!  My husband hates the show so most of the time I can only watch it when he has Army training and he's had a lot lately so i've gotten pretty far in to the show! Another thing that I love to do is paint. I'm not good at free hand painting but give me a stencil and I'm good to go!  Another thing that I LOVE doing is hanging out with my husband! We have been best friends for what seems like forever! Whether it be laying on the couch and watching a movie or going outside for a nice run, we always have a great time together. We recently received some news that he is going to Officer training in Georgia for 4 months and then he also found out that he is qualified to go to Ranger school after his officer training so he'll be gone for the next 6 months starting in March of next year. We still have a ways to go but for now I'm dedicating my time to him because the next thing we know, he'll be gone for half a year. But I know that with God's help we will survive and come back strong!

2 comments:

  1. I absolulty love the fact that you always do what makes you happy and I know a nursing degree can be extreamly difficult to obtain but a huge shout out to you for shooting for the highest goals. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, did not know you were married. So sweet, and love the picture! but like Zoe said, love that you do you!

    ReplyDelete